When you partner with an experienced technician for an Oklahoma topographical survey, the resulting data will contribute to the overall success of your project. In particular, its information on natural and artificial features, improvements, and elevations can be especially useful during the planning and construction phase.
To understand the role a topographical survey Tulsa can have when planning, it helps to learn more about what land planning services involve.
What Does Land Planning Involve?
The focus of land planning is to design, organize, or otherwise prepare a plot of land for future use. Whether the intended purpose is commercial, industrial, residential, institutional, or mixed-use, a land planning professional can determine if the area is the best choice for the potential project.
At Sisemore & Associates, our experienced team can guide and advise you throughout the land planning and development processes. We provide complete zoning assistance and services through:
- Preparing and processing zone and land planning applications. This includes information on site plans, rezoning, platting, lot splits, and planned unit developments.
- Presenting detailed information on project zoning and development to various interested parties, such as government boards and neighborhood associations.
- Consulting our clients to ensure long-term project success. We can advise you on the requirements for all applicable project zoning and subdivision regulation approvals.
- Preparing feasibility studies to provide anticipated costs for site development and infrastructure. We will also address concerns regarding land use and site engineering.
To provide the accurate information you need, we may recommend some of our other services, including topographical surveys. In particular, this service may be necessary if your land planning application requires a survey to be accepted.
How a Topographical Survey Tulsa Helps with Land Planning
This survey’s ability to assist with the land planning process goes far beyond meeting the requirements for an application. As such, even if you do not technically require a topographical survey, it is still worth looking for a “surveying company near me.”
During a topographical survey, a technician will evaluate the property to define its boundaries, describe its many features, and present all elevation points as contour lines. This key information can determine whether the land is an appropriate option for its intended use, meaning that this survey can act as the basis of your construction work.
Oklahoma topographical surveys are utilized by professionals across industries. For example:
- Engineers consult topographical surveys before construction on a significant project begins. This allows them to determine if any aspects of the property need to be adjusted before the construction phase.
- To ensure their new structure is a success, architects must know as much about the surrounding property as possible. These professionals also use topographical surveys to create 3D versions of designs.
- Constructional professionals review topographical surveys to ensure that the new structures will last. The survey’s information will help them solve small issues before they become major, costly problems.
- Government agencies utilize the results of topographical surveys for many purposes. For example, the information can be used to evaluate infrastructure and to enforce construction requirements.
Looking for a Surveying Company Near Me?
To ensure the efficiency and accuracy of your project’s planning and construction phases, partnering with the right professionals is essential. At Sisemore & Associates, our land planning and surveying team have the experience and knowledge to provide useful data and guide you through your project. Please contact us to learn more about our services.